The Cousins and I in Cali

The Cousins and I in Cali

Thursday, November 11, 2010

1 Week Down, 1 To Go

The Homestead







One more Biopsych test complete! I'm sure a lot of you are sharing this victory. Those tests never get easier, no matter how much I study. But I can't say I wasn't warned.

I have never been more excited for Thanksgiving break. I love turkey. We're not doing our traditional dinner this year. Instead we're going to some fancy hotel called The Homestead where my brother proposed to his wife that hosts certain events like this. I'm excited, but I can't say I won't miss waking up in the morning to the smell of turkey, or helping my mom make the thousands of different sides. And when I say help I mean watching the parade and popping into the kitchen every once and a while to check up on things. I do what I can. But, nevertheless, I'm still excited for break. I looked this place up online and it's pretty gorgeous. It's in Virginia, but an hour or 2 south of JMU. I'm looking forward to some real southern Virginia cooking.

Now I've gotten myself all excited. I still have about a billion tests and papers to do before stuffing my face :(

There are some pictures of the hotel up top. There's a better one on the website but I couldn't get it to work.

2 comments:

  1. you're going to LOVE the homestead!

    I'm dreading tomorrow because grades will be posted for that test....I'm just hoping for a high C or a low B in that class. I'm just surviving at this point.

    ReplyDelete